Thursday, September 29, 2011

Once a year...

...whether you like it or not.
Apparently this is as often as I can post. I'm not sure why, I almost always have an opinion, I just don't seem to find the time.
Time? What's that? It's that period of anxiety filled with school work, work work, kids, youth group, bible study, church, and then occasionally some family time sprinkled on top. Oh wait, I forgot, work in there trying to sell the house. Geesh! Ok, so this is why I stress out easily lately.
The other day we're driving home from work and daycare and I tell the kids, "OK, we have to go home and clean, we have a house showing in an hour." Wyatt pipes up from the backseat, "Are you gonna still be crabby?" Needless to say selling the house has not gained me the mother of the year award. Seriously, cleaning my house top to bottom on a daily basis, not letting my kids play with toys, and then screaming when one of them touches a window or heaven forbid spills a crumb... This is NOT FUN. I just need to keep reminding myself that it's all for good cause, just takes time.

Dyanne, one of the girls in our Sunday school group presented on her mission trip to Zambia. It was pretty amazing listening to her and all she experienced. I walked out of there very thankful that I had 4 mouths to feed, an education putting me in debt, and a home I OWNED and could be frustrated about. I guess it's all about perspective. God is good. He has blessed us so much that we become selfish and greedy. If we sit back and evaluate, we have much to be thankful for.

So how about an update on my crazy kids?
We'll start with Wyatt. He's my cool cucumber. He is sweet, loving, helpful, stubborn, and has an occasional anger management problem (OK, he's 4 people!) He loves super heroes and dinosaurs and loves to learn! The information he soaks up is amazing. I never worry about his future because I know he will be happy and successful. He loves life and is always on the go, sometimes the similarities to his father absolutely astound me. I look into his eyes and see Fred's kindness and love, what a lucky little boy. He has so much to look forward do (as do we!).

Now Bella...
Where to start? Bella is her mother I suppose. She's demanding, assertive, loud, funny, strong, sensitive, strong willed (putting it lightly), and out to change the world. She will inevitably choose the hardest road possible in everything that she does. She's sassy (sometimes TOO sassy), she has crazy curly hair and she's about the cutest thing you've ever seen which is darn lucky considering that's about all that keeps her from getting pummeled when she begins to throw one of her fits. She challenges me everyday but she is so stinking smart and motivated. She's persistent to say the least! She's a lover and really does like to please people, it's just not her main motivator. Bella is going to rule the world, she won't get there easily but once she does, watch out! No matter what field she goes into, she'll be the boss. That's for sure. One more thing I can't believe I almost forgot! Bella is POTTY TRAINED. Praise the Lord Hallelujah! No more diapers coming out of this checkbook. Needless to say this baby train is shut down and put into retirement. Once you get out, I can't see going back. We are a family of 4 and I think it's gonna stay that way! Did I mention Bella insists on dressing herself? She's quite the diva.

Pardon the blurry pictures, they were taken from my phone.

Update on Fred-
Fred is my rock. He's the one constant in my life that I can count on. Probably the most loving and loyal person I have ever met, he continues to be the love of my life. I can't tell you how many times I prayed for him growing up, but in all honesty, I never thought I'd find him. Why God chose to give him to me I'll never know but I'm proud to call him my husband and so grateful for him in my life. He's working oodles of jobs at any given time, currently at the Fire department, teaching a paramedic class for the college in town, doing insurance claims for my dad, then helps at the college and hospital teaching classes and certifications. He's a busy guy! He just started Leadership Tomorrow which is a leadership program for Hall county, quite the honor to get picked and he's excited for the opportunity.

Update on Me-
Probably not a whole lot, I'm back in school finishing out my degree so I can go on to get a graduate degree. It's frustrating and time consuming and down right irritating to tell you the truth. What does a research nurse need with a physical assessment class? My first "cultural assessment" was done on my husband and his "American culture". I got 100% and realized this class was useless.
I'm preparing to attend the National Infusion Nurses Society National Conference in Los Angeles. I will be a presenter speaking about the infusion nurse and their role in clinical trials. (I'll spare you the details because if you're not in the medial field it really isn't that interesting). Nonetheless it's a great opportunity and resume builder and I'm excited to complete the manuscript for publication.

I'll try to update more as this feels more like a Christmas letter recapping the year than a blog. I have lots to say, just need to find the time to say it. :)

2 comments:

Hilary said...

My niece and nephew are amazing, truly. I think you have pegged their personalities perfectly. You guys have so much on your plate right now but it will pay off. And if you get it done now, you don't have to do it later!

Tale of a Super Hero's Mom said...

Glad you updated your blog...seems like forever since we've seen you! Hang in there busy lady...i've heard we will look back on these times and want them back! :)
Love ya,
Les